Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hello..........

Well I know this is kind of wierd , as in I regiester this space write one blog  and then decide that I should introduce myself...................

Okie who am I ???

I am a 38 year old female with a larger than life appetite for food and an even larger than that appetite for recipes..........Now the reason I say that is because at any given time if the remote control of the idiot box is in my hand and while switching channels I see a cookery show you can bet ill get stuck there..........Im sure all foodies share this common situation........It doesnt matter which language the show is in Tamil, Urdu or Portuguese. I watch them all........Im actually addicted to these shows. And the addiction doesnt stop there........When im not cooking food or looking at food you can bet that Im definitely thinking about it.............In the great battle against the bulge where I assure you I am on the losing end, youll wonder why I even bother getting on the treadmill and subjecting myself to all those different poundages when all the while in my head Im wondering to myself, " what will I make for dinner" . so as you see the salivating never stops................its goes on when im online its virtual salivation yes im hungrily opening up blogs associated with food...............

Okie why did I choose to open this cookery blog......I mean its not like Im a great cook or anything. Actually my cooking talents are very ordinary........I dont make exotic preparations and seriously I like to keep it simple especially when Im in the kitchen . that doesnt mean that I dont like elaborately cooked food. Ofcourse I do !!!!!!I like it when someone else is doing the hard work which is why my space url reads nofrillscooking. I debated for sometime whether to call it no effort cooking......LOL I should have really, becoz thats the kind of cook I am...........

so really the objective of this blog is to share with you some of my everyday no nonsense cooking. Another reason for maintining this catalogue of how Ive cooked is so that I have easy access to how i cooked something earlier...........I have a knack for forgetting what I put and how much.........so hopefully this will help me make sure that everytime I make something its turns out like it was meant to be.........

How did I get hooked on to this cookery blog thingie..............well I owe it all to Aayis recipes and One hot stove cooking...............These two blogs are my instant access to authentic Indian home cooking..........I landed on these blog when I was looking for the recipes for batata vada and kothimbir wadi.............and these blogs actually opened up a whole new world for me.....Ive been blogging for three years now on windows spaces and i had not come across one cookery blog..............so this was a whole new experience. I got addicted. Both these blogs are so well chronicled they are actually pieces of art..............thats how i got hooked really and I had this overwhelming need to open my own little cookery blog...............

Every body you are welcome to come look around my blog and give me suggestions as well...........Id love that really!!!!!!!!!! Who knows at the end of this enterprise I might end a better cook perhaps????? or a better blog surfer????

4 comments:

  1. hi sanjana, read your last recipe...gonna try this one...tho i am not much of a cook...and are you a gujju? actually my mom is a gujarati...so that makes me half gujju...and dont feel bad about that anger anymore...give the person a lot of love n apologise....n move on....u know jo beet gayi so baat gayi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came here thro' your comment on my blog. Welcome to the world of food blogging! :-)
    Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sanjana! even i am new blogger ..neways hey gud to here from u. keep writing..will like to read from you more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of food blogging.

    ReplyDelete