Im new to this but its like when a tiger tastes human blood...............LOL.....I know that sounds so gross but that's exactly how I have begun to feel about blogging events. My first entry like you all know was the easter eggs for "Lets go nuts- cashewnuts" and the best part is that post of mine has yet to get a hit. LOL. .... Still I seem to be compelled to walk down this road. I dont know, there is a certain kind of excitement in participating in an event.......... I'm not getting enough time to visit all my blogging friends, let alone put up a new post myself. God bless you, some of you guys really manage to update a new recipe twice a week...............you guys keep doing that and its becoming increasingly difficult for me to keep visiting you and I hate to miss something you have taken the pains to post..............
okie this Mango Icecrean is as the name suggests prepared in a jiffy.....and the best part is its childs play and everyone will love it..............P refuses to eat mangoes in any other form ever since I made this recipe six years ago. Special thanks to my dear friend and cooking guru Sandhya who shared this recipe with me. She knows I'm a sucker for anything that is non fussy. So here its is my friends "No sweat Mango icecream". I 'd like to send this recipe to "15 minute cooking " event being organised by Mahimaa of Indian Vegetarian Garden
It also goes out to " Celebrating Festive Food: Summer Treat" event being organized by Priti of Indian Khanna
Theres still time for the contest due dates so if you can make it please do visit these sites.
No Sweat Mango Icecream
Ingredients:
11/2 cup full cream
11/2 cup milk
3/4 can milkmaid
1tsp mango essence
5-6 cups of Mango pulp.( I prefer to use fresh Alphonso mango pulp) but any frozen pulp is good to go. If you making the mango pulp at home use 8 Alphonso mangoes and add Three cups sugar to it or lesser if you dont like your icecream too sweet. It also depends on the sweetness of the mangoes.
Method: Just mix all the ingredients with an electric beater for five minutes till they are well blended and put the mixture in an airtight container in the deep freezer...................This is the basic mixture. After 3- 4 hours remove the basic mixture and beat it again in its half frozen state and put it back in to the freezer. I always have this handy .............
Then take the pulp of 8 alphonso mangoes.........or you can use ready made pulp..........Basically you need to have roughtly five to six cups of sweetened mango pulp. Now add this pulp to the frozen basic mixture and beat it again.....for two to three minutes and deep freeze again.................If you like you can remove it from the freezer and beat it again.......It improves the consistency of the icecream and keeps the ice crystals at bay...................As simple as that....................Mango icecream my dears is ready to eat...............

Oooo, my husband loves mangoes...he would like to try this!
ReplyDeleteSanju dear..ice cream looks real yum...and LOL your post is very funny...don't worry gal..its way to go...thanks for the entry :)
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious & awesome.. nice recipes.. great click..
ReplyDeletelooks awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteSanjuuu..First of all..pls don pollute ur jain mind n hubby with fish friess..hehe..n I bet ur dal chawal is good too..:)..Look at that quick fix icecream...am drooling..:)
ReplyDeleteYum, would be delicious as the weather is finally getting very warm... and regarding your question on my last post... Yes, he is.
ReplyDeleteyummy icecream.. great entry thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'll be right over! YUM!!
ReplyDeleteWow yummy mango icecream in a jiffy! Great post :)
ReplyDeletejust bought mangoes... should try :) Thanks
ReplyDeleteLove anything with mangoes. That reminds me that it has been ages since I had mango ice-cream.
ReplyDeleteI like no-fuss ice cream making like this.
ReplyDeleteKaha ho?
ReplyDeleteMango is my favourite and your recipe is tempting and yummy. you can visit my blog view my recipes and give ur comments.
ReplyDeleteyou must have had the sweetest mangoes to make this - lip smacker :)
ReplyDeleteYummy looking Ice Cream. Love your space, please do visit mine when time permits www.sensibleveg.com
ReplyDelete